Sunday, June 21, 2009

Busy Day

Knit alpaca preemie hat 1
Knit alpaca preemie hat 2
Well, I have got a fair amount accomplished today. I spent most of the day working on prototype number one of my newest idea. I am getting excited about it. After that I finished working on and photographing these two preemie sized hats to be donated to a neonatal intensive care unit.

Hats are very important for premature babies as they help keep their body heat. They are also, I am told, the one personal thing these infants are allowed to have with them. These particular hats that I did are made with alpaca, and of course, lots of love. Alpaca is very very soft. I really enjoyed knitting them, knowing that I was helping out.

Tomorrow I must get back to work on my eighteenth century costume. The gown is almost done. It is so pretty. All it needs is hemming, which I cannot do until I make my two petticoats. I also have to make a stomacher as well. I cannot wait until we go to the event at Ticonderoga next weekend.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers